Do you own a silver horse or impressed by this beautiful coat color. Silver dapple is basically a dilution gene that affects only black coat color. This gene lightens black pigment and makes no impact on red. The same color is called taffy in the Australian region and dapple silver rest of the world.
Naming your silver horse is very easy, as you can pick names from black, grey, or white shades. Here are some naming ideas for silver horses.
|For Stallions||For Mares||For Geldings|
Famous Silver Horse Names
Native Dancer – Native dancer is a very famous thoroughbred from history. He made an appearance on television and won races for three consecutive years. Native dancer ranked 7 in the Top 100 racehorses list by blood horse magazine.
Spectacular bid – Another old grey or silver color horse from history who won the famous race of dirt. He won 26 races out of a total of 30 in his career. Leading from the history, spectacular bid won laurel futurity and champagne stakes when he was just two years old.
Stardust – A beautiful horse ridden by Randolph Scott in dozens of movies. I did not watch more beautiful horses than stardust in movies.
Silver Charm – A pure silver horse who won Preakness stakes and Kentucky derby in 1997. There was a traditional world cup in Dubai named the ‘’Dubai world cup’’ where silver charm won with distances. He was foaled in Florida and sired by the famous silver buck.
BuckPasser – Buckpasser was a bay horse who won 9 out of 11 races during his career. He awarded with a horse of the year one time. Bucpasser was brother to many horses that won stakes. He was bred to the fourth generation to give Teddy.
Bamboo Harvester – A talking horse from Mister Ed who entertained the audience with his voice habits and brilliance.
Tapwirt – Another dapple silver breed from history. He was an American thoroughbred who won Belmont stakes in 2017. He performed in many local races and has a brilliant record.
Pebbles – A beautiful filly who won 8 races out of 15 in her career. She became the youngest to win eclipse and champion stakes. Pebbles won breeders cup turf in her shiny career. She was a chestnut filly who bred in England.
Female Silver Names
Here is the list of silver names for fillies and mares.
- Earl grey
- Mai Tai
- Silver girl
Male Silver Horse Names
Here are some naming ideas for stallion or geldings .
- Earl grey
Silver Names for horses from other Languages
- Ash – Remaining charcoal after fire
- Zillara – Silver in the Basque language
- Plata – Name for silver horses in the Spanish language
- Cinder – Combustion remainings
- Dove – Best name for a female horse with silver color
- Siva – Another mare name in Croatian
- Grigio – Name for grey in Italian
- Grizzly – A silvery color appearance
- Grau – Grey color in German
- Lustre – A gentle shin in color or fade
- Gris – Gray in French
- Fidda – Maltese term for silver
- Cawl – Grey in Somalian language
- Arian – Silver in the English language
- Abu Abu – Grey color in Indonesian
- Casper – Term for the friendly ghost
Silver horse Names from nature
- Blade – A piece of knife or sword
- Mint – A beautiful place where coins are produced
- Silber – the German name for silver color
- Bhoora – Name for grey in Urdu or Hindi language
- Tinsel – A silver color decoration on Christmas
- Shimmer – Heatwave
- Polaris – North Star
- Chico – Chicu or Norte chicu was a silver rush
- Kalso – Columbian Silver Rush
- Nasa – Inspiration from Nasa Mine
- Slocan – Another Columbian silver rush
- Telluride – One of the biggest and largest silver mines in the world.
How to Name your Silver Horse?
Do you want to take inspiration for your silver horse? First of all, you should know that it is only coat color not associated with any specific breed. Here are few tips to name your silver horse.
There are few breeds where silver coat color appear. Here is few famous ones with silver color.
- Rocky Mountain horse
- Shetland pony horse
- Welsh mountain pony horse
- Tennessee walking horse
- Icelandic horse
Another option is to pick names from the color and appearance of horses like cute names are good for mares and badass names perfect for male horses.
Hi, I am Waqar and active in the horse world since 2012. I have MSc (Hons) in Agriculture from the University of Agriculture Faisalabad. I love to solve equine health care issues and note down in the form of research papers.
I have written hundreds of equine health care, accessories, names, and history-related blogs. My equine related work is watering a lot of horse-related magazines and blogs.